ONE DAY EVENTS WITH THOMAS ATTLEE - £90/£100
Articulation, Soft Tissue, and Bodywork skills
Saturday 24th November 2018
- enhancing somatic awareness
- enabling profound engagement
- addressing deeply ingrained structural restrictions
Many patients have deeply ingrained patterns of structural restriction, emotional holding, soft tissue tension, and limited somatic awareness, which perpetuate wide-ranging health issues despite excellent Cranio-Sacral treatment.
Many Cranio-Sacral Therapists do not possess body work skills and work only with the energy system. This can inhibit therapeutic effectiveness.
We will be exploring various circumstances where articulation and soft tissue work can greatly enhance therapeutic effectiveness:
- as a valuable resource in Trauma Therapy – enhancing somatic awareness and connection with body sensation
- exploring how physical release can transform psycho-emotional patterns and help patients to engage with their emotional nature
- addressing chronic Hip, Sacro-Iliac, and Low Back restriction – which can lead to an unbalanced structural foundation for the body as a whole, with ramifications throughout the body, and persistent or recurrent health disturbances
- resolving persistent discomfort in the Feet, Toes, and Knees
- persistent deeply ingrained tension in the Neck
connecting with the Vagus through deep abdominal soft tissue work, with profound repercussions for Autism, Polyvagal disturbance, and Trauma therapy, as well as for many visceral disturbances
It is interesting to note that Sutherland and his early students found that the most effective way to work within each treatment session was to precede Cranial work with structural and soft tissue treatment.
This course also provides useful preparation for the forthcoming Fascial Unwinding courses on March 31st and May 19th 2019.
Face to Face with the Face
Date to be arranged
The Face is a crucially significant part of our body, the site of our self-expression, with multiple connections to the Vagus and Polyvagal disturbances, the site of many traumas – from dentistry and birth to childhood falls on the face or teeth – with many crucial cranial nerve connections, and repercussions throughout the whole body-mind, as well as a great many local conditions – including Ear Nose and Throat conditions, Sinusitis, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Bell’s Palsy, Menières Disease, and Vertigo.
Following the publication of his book Face to Face with the Face, Thomas has developed this new postgraduate event, in order to cover certain crucial areas not generally covered on the main cranio-sacral training.
We will be exploring the face itself, its significance within the context of the person as whole, interactions with the rest of the body, Dental Trauma, assessing Individual Teeth, Ear Infections, working with the Tongue, working with the Maxilla, Premaxilla and other mouth parts.