Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology – Foundation Course - Online
This year, due to COVID, our Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology Foundation course will be an online course.
The aim is to provide a course with greater relevance and understanding of how the body works in holistic terms, rather than mere dry facts (as in so many APP courses).
The course tutor is Martin Chorley who has been leading the CCST Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology course for the past 20 years, and also teaches at the College of Osteopaths.
“Receiving the complete PowerPoint presentation each weekend is SO helpful for studying”.
“Martin is very good at making the subject interesting and he makes learning fun”.
The purpose of the course is to provide a firm foundation in anatomy, physiology and pathology in preparation for attendance of the full professional training in Cranio-Sacral Therapy. The course is also suitable for practitioners in a wide range of other alternative disciplines. The course includes Pathology (an area not covered in depth on the majority of Anatomy and Physiology courses).
Those without a previous background in Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology will need to complete this course (or a suitable equivalent). This can be done either before the Cranio-Sacral Training or in conjunction with the Cranio-Sacral training.
Successful completion of the final exam entitles students to a Certificate and eligibility to attend the Cranio-Sacral Therapy Training.
The course will cover the Anatomy, Physiology and common Pathology of all the major systems within the body, including:
Cell Structure and Cell Physiology
Histology - Tissue Types
the Skeletal System
Arthrology - the study of joints
the Muscular System
the Nervous System
the Cardio-Vascular System
the Lymphatic System
the Respiratory System
the Gastro-Intestinal System
the Endocrine System
the Urinary System
the Reproductive System
- The course is presented as a seven month programme from October 2020 to May 2021. (You can also start earlier or later, if you wish, and complete the programme in your own time).
- Each month, starting on October 17th 2020, you will receive a comprehensive Powerpoint presentation to work through in your own time. The course is spread over seven months to allow time for self-study and proper absorption of the material.
- Email support is available, and questions can be emailed to the course tutor.
- A book list will be provided, with specific recommendations to support your studies.
- Each month, you will also receive a quiz or question paper covering the previous month's work, for self-assessment.
- There will be an online written exam at the end of the course, in May 2021, one month after the final session, successful completion of which is required in order to gain a certificate and to fulfil the graduation requirements for CCST.
- No attendance is required.
- No previous knowledge or experience is necessary.
- Group interaction and communication with other students on the course will also be encouraged, in order to stimulate interest and learning, and to make the course easier and more enjoyable, as online courses can feel quite isolated.
The cost for the complete program is £350. This includes PowerPoint presentations, email support, the final exam, and certification.
Text books are extra and can readily be ordered online. Approximately £50-£80 should be allowed for these.
Please complete the online Application Form, selecting the relevant course title from the drop down menus. Payment details are at the bottom of the application form.
Option 1 - Full payment: £350
Option 2 - Payment plan: Three payments of £120 each (total £360) by October 17th 2020, December 1st 2020, and February 1st 2021.
This Course provides the necessary foundation in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology required for students wishing to attend the CCST course in Cranio-Sacral Therapy.
This course is also suitable for students and prospective students of other alternative therapies.